The Solar Cell Kelvin Probe can be used for standard solar cell measurements. This probe uses standard a 4mm banana connector (optional BNC connector) and is delivered with a steel block to connect its magnetic base. Because of its strong magnetic base, the probe can be easily used in both substrate and supersaturate configurations, since it can be mounted upside down. The probe is capable of handling 2 Ampere. A second sense pin is available to minimize resistance loss in the cable (4-wire kelvin probing, second probe or sample plate required). The small manual joystick allows for precision movements in both X and Y directions. The Z-adjustment is handled by a precision screw. This makes it possible to probe small pads. The device is not suited for intensive usage such as in production environments.
Optional: 4-wire Kelvin Configuration
The Solar Cell Kelvin Probe can be used in a true 4-wire Kelvin configuration. This means that the possible voltage drop over the current wire is eliminated by measuring the voltage at the sample directly. The wires are electrically isolated from the body. To measure a solar cell in 4-wire kelvin configuration, the 2-pin BeCu probe tip is required.
Key features Solar Cell Kelvin Probe:
- Standard configuration (RR-3056) : 1 probe unit incl. probe Tungsten, 25 um tip, 25mil shank
- Spring tip holder is a very robust holder that will accept any of the available probe tips with shank diameters ranging in diameter from 10 to 25 mils.
- No special tools are required for loading and unloading the tip from the holder.
- 45° angle
- 4 mm banana connector (optional BNC connector)
- Magnetic base
- Suitable for substrate and supersubstrate measurements
- Small manual joystick
- Including solid suitcase
Standard configuration (RR- 3056): Tungsten probe
Optional configuration (RR- 3056B): 2-pin BeCu probe tip (required for 4 point measurements)
- Solar Kelvin probe (tungsten) (RR-3056)
- Solar Kelvin probe (2-pin probe) (RR-3056B)