The High Resolution Solar Cell Probe is a precise probing unit to enable high quality current/voltage measurements on solar cells.
The High Resolution Probe is designed primarily for probing targets that are approximately 13 microns and larger at 80 TPI resolution (320 μm per 360° turn). It is available with a magnetic base in either left or right hand models. This probe uses standard a 4mm banana connector (optional BNC connector).
The 12 mm x 12 mm scanning area allows positioning on a broad range of solar cell materials. Each axis is spring loaded to prevent backlash, and the control knobs are conveniently placed at the rear of the micropositioner to allow one hand to control all three axes at the same time. The probe mount is electrically isolated from positioner body.
Optional: 4-wire Kelvin Configuration
The High resolution Solar Probe can be used in a true 4-wire Kelvin configuration. This means that the possible voltage drop over the current wire is eliminated by measuring the voltage at the sample directly. The wires are electrically isolated from the body. To measure a solar cell in 4-wire kelvin configuration a second Solar Cell Probe or a base plate with voltage sense is required.
Key features High Resolution Solar Cell Probe:
- Dedicated probing unit to enable high quality current/voltage measurements on solar cells
- High precision positioning
- Suitable for a broad range of solar cells
- 13 μm target
- Left-handed or right-handed models
- Suitable for substrate and supersubstrate measurements
- Standard configuration: incl. probe Tungsten, 25 um tip, 25mil shank
- Spring tip holder is a very robust holder that will accept any of the available probe tips with shank diameters ranging in diameter from 10 to 25 mils.
- No special tools are required for loading and unloading the tip from the holder.
- 45° angle
- 4 mm banana connector (optional BNC connector)
- Including solid case
Standard: 1-pin tungsten tip (spring probe)
Optional: 2-pin BeCu tip (required for 4 point measurements)
- (RR-3057R) , incl. 1 pin tipTungsten, right handed
- (RR-3057L) , incl. 1 pin tipTungsten, left handed
- (RR-3057RB): 2-pin BeCu tip, right handed
- (RR-3057LB): 2-pin BeCu tip, left handed