Nowadays an increasingly number of solar panels are produced by using new techniques / cell materials. Instead of using standard silicon cells, PERC (Passivated Emitter Rear Cell) cells are used. This technique significantly improves the efficiency of solar panels.
As many institutes are doing research on PERC cells, ReRa has recently introduced a new type of Reference Cell: PERC Reference Cell.
ReRa uses the Radboud University Nijmegen PV Measurement Facility* to calibrate the cells indoor. The calibration is done against an established set of reference cells calibrated at NREL and Fraunhofer ISE. These references are measured each year at the International Spectroradiometer Intercomparison (ISRC) to ensure the quality. This all results in a lower cost reference cell that is perfectly suited for indoor applications.
* Laboratory is not accredited
- PERC cell
- lower cost reference cell
- Calibrated against reliable reference set
- Irradiance and temperature readout
- Protective Quartz (standard) or Schott KG glass window
- Integrated with Tracer IV-software
- Open or shunted version
- Several filter options (KG# window) to match any spectral response•
- Including full calibration report (IV-curve plot, Isc, Voc, I, Vmpp, Fill Factor and Efficiency)
- Including 4-wire cable to measure cell
- Including PT100 connector (LEMO) to measure temperature
- Including protective suitcase
- Open PERC Reference Cell (RR-1018)
- Shunted PERC Reference Cell (RR-1019)